Saturday, July 21, 2012

Attituuude

is very important.
I've realized that over the years, the amount of < > I give when bad stuff happens has been decreasing.

In particular: despite exams and academic performance becoming more important, the amount of < > I give has been decreasing.
I don't know if I've taken on too much, but sometimes I actually sit down and have a think about what lies ahead and I get very scared. The braveface never leaves because without it, I would be quivering in the foetal position in the corner. I've talked to Jess about it too and we all have our fears. It doesn't make it any easier that our predecessors have been superhumanly awesome. The  success of our tenure in this position will be measured by how well we can bring our own flair and stay resilient.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm a slave driver. It might come from being a warrant officer in the cadets, but my leadership style can be overly authoritative and well, inhumane. I've always been conscious of this and tried to be as motivating and approachable as possible, but when I'm stressed or rushed, I fear that I'm too gruff. The last thing I want to is to burn bridges with my peers, but sometimes it can't be helped. :S

WACD had a BGR yesterday and that was interesting to say the least. I realised that I actually do a lot of things wrong in that aspect and that's another thing I need to work on.

Anyway, that's the end of my rant.

- Kerry

P.S. For those readers out there, please don't share this blog with any other people. It's a bit of a rantspace, but I don't want everyone to know about it. Also, If I made it private, I would have to choose people to read it and that feels kind of stupid. If I didn't choose anyone, then I'd be talking to myself - that feels pretty stupid too. Lolol. , </end randomness>


No comments:

Post a Comment