Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sheltered-ness

(Note; Readers should probably read this post in multiple sittings. Also excuse the bad grammar/syntax)

Holidays almost overrr! :(

- No more saying "just 10 more minutes" when my alarm goes off. :(
- No more sitting in the foetal position while fantasizing about doing something productive
- No more endless hours spent alternating between watching TV, blogstalking and gaming
+ There shall be structure in my life again :)
+ Get to see everyone again :)

3v2 - holidays still better. Wahahaha
_____________________________

Last few days have been exactly as described above with the exception of Angela and Ho's birthday party. 
Got there super early and ended up doing work on my iPad while waiting. At first it was just 5-6 of us and we Galaxy world'd (DDR and driving) and Starbucks'd (scabbing drinks and taking "artistic" shots on Ted's DSLR). 

We were gonna go to a netcafe but it was closed and we ceebsed so we just did pretty much nothing till - happy hour at pepper lunch. Nachan spiked my dish with half the hot sauce bottle and it was HOT. Every mouthful killed off a few more tastebuds :(. I repaid the favour, but the damage was done.

Went looking for a present with Rena at Kino Kinuya (spelling?) and actually spent an hour and a half in there. Got so desperate :(. Eventually, Rena punched me every time I suggested something. Don't blame her - it was torture. 
Ideas went from: fashion books - makeup books - cookbooks - mangas - animes - fashion books - comics - fashion books - animes - origami/craft books - fashion books. 
At least we kind of knew what Angela was into, but Jo is so boring. 
I spent twenty minutes trying to find a Hungarian cookbook but to no avail. Eventually found something. Can't even remember what it was - my memory of those few hours remains quite hazy.
Anyhow, I managed to convince my Dad to let me spend the night in the city (yeahh smooth talking).

KBBQ for dinner where everyone was waiting for us :(.  There were heaps of people so Tang, Nathan, Jemus and I formed the "Bro's table". Jimmy, Jono and Eddy rocked up and there were some pretty homo moments. Ceebs elaborating.

Went back to the penthouse (which was sweet btw) and the view was epic. Chilled for a while taking photos and watching TV. Rena kept changing the channel between Coach Carter, AFL, NRL and a boxing match, to see which sport had hotter guys. Typical >.>.
Eventually, more guys came and it kind of killed the laidback, kiddy mood. People started breaking out cruisers and mixers :O. Pretty much everyone had some except like Rena, Jono and me. 
More people came, including Sydney boys and Baulkos and they were all being shady >>. Also, apparently one of the Epping boys that Anran invited a twenty of his friends and they were all downstairs ready to crash :OO. At that point, there were already about twenty people in the suite so I was kinda edgy. Rena fell asleep on the couch next to me and that felt even more dodgy. She woke up and I was discussing whether we should leave. She wanted to stay and Ted said he'd stay with her so I got ready to leave. Sure enough when I got downstairs, there was a crowd of Epping boys waiting to get up :L. Caught the train home and that was the end of that. Not sure how the rest of the night went 
______________________

Anyhow, that night made me realise how socially sheltered the majority of Ruse is. I just felt really out of place in that kind of setting, despite a lot of my friends from primary have been in the stereotypical "party scene" from as early as the start of year 10 - underage drinking, hooking up and all.
There was one guy that I knew from coaching during primary. Back then he was just a chubby short kid (much like me (;) and we kind of got along. Didn't see him until Yr 9 when I started coaching again at Dr Du. He was taller than me then and his hair was all hk, but he was still a chubster and we talked a few times. Saw him again at the party and now he's like Amarbir's height and not as chubby. Even more hk hair and eyebags like a druggie - whereas I pretty much look exactly like I did in Year 7 XD. It kinda drove home how different we were when he ordered a drink at dinner - light alcohol but alcohol nonetheless. Back at the suite, the drinking was also a very foreign social aspect to me. 

I'm kinda thankful that the school and social environment I've been put in is so care-free and not so explicit. But it kind of asks the question - what happens when us Ruse nerdies leave high-school and have to take on the world without our mathomats and calculators? :S It scares me a little.
___________________

Looking forward to planning day tomorrow. Got a bit of Pre-planning-planning to do before then, so ciao for now. :)

-Kerrooster


No comments:

Post a Comment