Saturday, January 19, 2013

Heat

On the "hottest day in record for 154 years" for Sydney, I:

  1. Woke up at 6 to go cycling with Daniel. Eastwood - Meadowbank - Rhodes - Olympic Park - Silverwater - Rydalmere - Carlo. Took about 2 hours. Aside from the bruises on my butt, cycling is so fun!
  2. Practiced dancing from 1020-1600 for Prefects VDay Assembly - that was hot. See, there are hot days, then there are HOT days. Yesterday was a HOT day. Many different degrees of hotness.I tip my hat to the choreos that were there from 9-5. Also, Grace (I know you'll see this eventually) - you're a poorly temperature regulated, 2-left footed hops lacking, heel-wearing beetroot. Let's be friends :) 
  3. Chilled in mah dungeon - or basement if you prefer that term. Had to put up with the most nauseating person in the world - Ja-chelle. Man he/she is annoying. I remember when I was little, I would spend a whole day down there because it was so cool. Used to pretend I was a barrister and serve up deadly concoctiosn that would invariably cause Daniel to die slow painful deaths. My parents used to also hide junk food down there, so Daniel and I would go on expeditions to root out all the forbidden goodies. hurhurhur
  4. Went to a buffet for dinner. By that point, I hadn't realised that the last substantial food I consumed was mid-morning. Me was ravenous :(. Dad ceebsed to cook since it was so hot so we just went out to eat buffet. 
Obviously, yesterday was searingly, roastingly hot. But frankly, it didn't really register for me because I spent it with people that are the most important to me (aside from Ja-chelle -  he/she is really, really annoying). 

That's led me to the realization that for every single "hardship", there are 100000x billion ways to address it and overcome it. If God brought me to it, then He will bring me through it.


- except for Ja-chelle


No comments:

Post a Comment